Friday, October 1, 2010

TGIF and Hakuna Matata

Salut! :)

Today is the end of the week. Today is the greatest hair day ever, it's silky and straight and soft and gorgeous! Today my skin looks flawless! Today...is also the day the boyfriends's father comes to visit for "parents weekend". Wah.

However I will be needing to spend some major time looking at Shakespeare for Monday's test, good enough excuse to get away? Definitely. :) It sounds like the boyfriend is getting a tad stressed with everything that is being tossed onto his plate. Judging from what he told me here is what's going down: He needs to learn how to drive an 8 person van because there aren't enough drivers for academic team. He needs to study for two huge exams next week, one of which is in a very difficult economics class. He is not looking forward to spending quality time with the parental unit this weekend, and next weekend the academic team is having its first tournament of the year.

Whew.

I'll say. So this is one of those weekends where you smile, be supportive, and just give him as much space as possible.

In the mean time I will be there for him, but also studying for my own mid-term in Shakespeare. It sounds like it's going to be pretty simple, I just need to look over the three plays we read: 12th night, Taming of the Shrew, and All's Well. Remember the characters, their personalities, and really analyze the concept of "comedy". Other than that, it seems like it will be a pretty straightforward test. Woot!

Story time!

Okay, are you ready for this? Because this story encompasses TRUE dorm life.

First, there are these boys who live above us, and they ALWAYS sing in the shower. We can hear them each and every time (we are totally not creepers). My roommate and one of my suitemates decided to sing along with them because it was "Hakuna Matata" from the Lion King and...who wouldn't sing along? So we now communicate via "shower phone". :) Sometimes they answer back! It's pretty hysterical. And just a tad creepy.

Another fabulous occurrence was the massive wave of estrogen that dominated our room last night. We felt the need to be girly. So we turned on the radio and listened to the newest pop songs, sang along. Painted our nails fun colors, and talked about reality t.v. I left the reality t.v. talk up to my suite-mates because I refuse to watch reality t.v. However I did convert to a girlie-girl last night just for fun. And sure enough, whilst our nails were drying, my boyfriend's roommate walks in to our room, takes one whiff, and runs away. Who would have thought the smell of finger nail polish would be a male-repellent? ;)

That's all the shining glory I have to share for today, I will have to see how this evening goes. Wish the boyfriend and I luck!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment