Monday, October 11, 2010

Cat In The Box

Don't Panic! I am perfectly okay.

I am sporting a tiny square band-aid on my chin due to a mis-hap in my physics today after Shakespeare class. Class was over, everyone was packing up, and who would have thought my hand would curse my pencil and pursue to stab me on the outside of my chin. Ouchie. Regardless to say I look quite dashing with a blatantly obvious (redundant) brown patch stuck to my face. It doesn't hurt, but I did take a good chunk of skin off. Cross your fingers for no scarring! Praise the holy 'Neosporin'.

The weekend was SUPER fun! Starting off with Friday, the boyfriend and I (finally) got a chance to have some time to ourselves and went out to dinner and a movie. Then we came back and snuggled for a bit until all our friend came back from the college hockey game and felt the need to fill us in on every detail about our winning. Friends, gotta love 'em.

Then Saturday the boyfriend started his morning bright and early at 5 o'clock so that he and the Academic Team of our college could embark upon a 3 hour drive to their quizbowl. Meanwhile I was all snuggly and warm under my micro-fleece blanket until about 10:00am. I designated Saturday a non-homework day and did absolutely nothing but relax and enjoy the internet and a good nap. Then after my nap I took a long walk to CVS just for the heck of it and saw that they had super cheap makeup and decided to purchase three new lipsticks for $3.00! The colors are excellent and they are super cute. I got a nice rosey pink color, a deep berry color that you can dress up or down, as well as a nice burgundy for the rare little black dress occasions. When the boyfriend returned at 10 in the evening he filled me in on the events that took place that day and how the tournament was, driving an 8-person van, etc. It sounded like he had a blast and the team did very well. Kudos! I'm so proud of them!

Sunday was homework day..... yeah, not a whole lot happened yesterday. It felt like Saturday to me, so this morning's alarm came as quite the shocker when I realized that today was actually school week. Blast! The good thing is, this looks like it will be a pretty light week in terms of homework and whatnot. I need to begin studying for Microbiology as well as beating the snot out of Shakespeare's 'King Richard III'. I will conquer this ridiculous play!
At the end of the week, us students have Fall Break! My break begins Thursday because our Creative Writing professor will not be there, and that is the only class I have that day, so.... early break time! Squee!

I tripped across this video today in an endeavor to cheer myself up a bit. And this was the perfect medicine. I love all of Simon Tofield's work, they make me giggle and smile no matter how many time I watch them. If you are looking for some cuteness in your life today, I highly suggest this:



If that does not show up and or play, follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvNqe8cKU4

The mumma baked cookies for me and I am enjoying them WAY too much. I am sitting here at my desk drinking a FUZE Gogi Wild Berry drink and munching on chocolate chip cookies. I am SO NOT a college student (cough hack wink snort).

Story Time!

Real quick, I wanted to mention that the other night our suite mates bought Pumpkin Ice cream from the market. Oh my goodness it is delightful! We were all squealing excitedly about how it tastes like pumpkin in a cup, which it is. Go out and try it!

Until next time my lovelies!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment