Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tea Spoon and Tablespoon

Oh, hello there!
Allow me to blow the dust and cobwebs off of this journal entry….the spiders are quite friendly I promise. I can’t speak for the dust bunnies though, they are quite vicious.

Anyway! It has been a long weekend, but of course it wasn’t quite long enough. All our friends went home for the short holiday leaving the boyfriend and me to ponder what we should do with ourselves. So we ventured to a local Art Museum and spent many an hour there, afterwards we went to Steak & Shake and ate lunch and shared a strawberry shake (d’awww). The next couple days he introduced me to Halo Reach, and let me tell you, it was absolutely fantastic! I am quite good at that game, not as good as him though. But it was fun to lose myself in a video game again, whilst squealing and freaking out at every alien that tried to shoot me. I think the boyfriend got more amusement out of me rather than the game for a while.

There have been several story ideas flittering about my head these past couple days. One actually started with the boyfriend’s help. We were cuddling and talking about me possibly writing children’s stories someday, and then that lead to us joking about how I was such a tiny and thin person and how he was taller, which led to spooning, which then lead to the final outcome. The epic tale of tea spoon and tablespoon!

You see, teaspoon was so tiny. And tablespoon was so big. And they were the best of friends. One day they found a bowl of sugar and thought they would have a contest to see who could hold more. Of course tablespoon won, he was so big after all. Teaspoon was both jealous and envious of tablespoon and how much sugar he could hold, but he looked at her and said, “It doesn’t matter how much sugar we can hold. Like me, you are filled to the brim with sweetness.” And so teaspoon and tablespoon rejoiced, and lived happily ever after.

We were quite proud of our imaginations for that children’s story. It is a silly story, but it’s still something we thought of together. :)

Yesterday was a meeting with my Shakespeare professor, and oh my goodness she is amazing! We were discussing all the plays and how they relate to each other etc. and professing our undying love for Shakespeare. It was so much fun and I am glad I got the chance to have a tête à tête with her. Then at 2:15 I had a microbiology test that was 40 multiple choice questions and was composed of almost all the quiz questions we had done online. Go figure. But I over studied and caught all of his sneaky questions, so ha! Take that microbes! Cross your fingers for an “A”!

Today is working at my unfamiliar desk again, with that confounded pine tree in my window. Today I have to write and edit several things for our upcoming magazine. It comes out twice a year so I have to be on top of all the news that comes in to my inbox. The only problem is its freezing back here! I can tell you from personal experience that it is hard to type a hundred miles a minute when your phalanges are icicles. Ugh. Somehow I always manage.

I came into work today thinking my bff would be here, and I had completely forgotten that she had had her last day of work last week. It was not a pleasant surprise. Which reminds me! I still have to write to her and see how she is doing with her new job and see how she has settled in.

The weather is getting colder and colder. I dread the winter if it is already this cold in October. Yikes. It is time to bundle up in the infamous micro-fleece blanket and sip hot chocolate while eating my friend’s pumpkin bread.

Halloween is coming up! Any costume ideas? Leave a comment!



~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment