Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dearest and loveliest readers,

Today is absolutely atrocious! I woke up feeling slightly dizzy and my eyes were all confuzzled, so I am wearing my glasses today. Ugh. ALSO, tornado sirens have gone off 5 times (that’s right, I counted) this morning ever since I came to work. Outside my convenient little window, I spy with my little eye some very dark and ominous clouds as well as a very angry pine tree that is being whipped with strong winds and serious rain. Warnings are being extended until 12:45 this afternoon, which is horrible because I need to leave a tad early today in order to go to a lecture that starts at 1:00…

Harumph.

Hopefully the weather will behave itself in another 20 minutes so I can pack my bag and be off in a huff. No weather is going to ruin my day, especially tornados! But never fear, I asked someone if they would be willing to give me a ride, so hopefully that turns out! No walking in the lethal weather for me!

Story time!

My birthday this weekend was fabulous. I had delicious birthday cake, compliments of the awesome mumma unit, and tasty Chinese food for dinner with the hall-mates. Funny story about dinner, the owners of the Chinese restaurant have a young daughter and it was her birthday too! So the entire place was decorated with balloons. Of course my friends took the opportunity to (jokingly) exclaim that they had called in advance to have the place decorated for my birthday. I also got to wear the “another year of fabulous” shawl! Squee!



Oh great, that’s the 6th tornado siren. Jeeze, Mother Nature is not in my favor today (grumbles).

I shall count the minutes I have remaining until my ‘drenching’ departure.
Until next time! Stay dry and cozy!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment