Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hobbits...?

Yes hobbits.

I went to the Apple Butter festival yesterday with the boyfriend and his father (for a great lack of things to entertain him with) and you would not believe the dedication and love these country folk have for this festival. I'm telling you, it's as if I stepped right into Hobbiton in Middle Earth. Pinch me I'm dreaming. All these folk were smoking pipes and laughing and sharing stories and eating kettle-korn as though it were their last meal. I was expecting a very tall man with a beard and a pointed gray hat to put a hand on my shoulder as ask if I would like to attend his fireworks show. Only in my dreams with Gandalf appear out of nowhere like that. But seriously! Instead of Gandalf there was a man with an awesome mustache and feather hat. He was carving wood figurines and sitting in a little wooden hut while local Native Americans put on their ritual attire and danced and sang for the crowd. It was fantastic!

Then we went to the movies and watched "Wall Street" as well as "The Social Network". Two movies is way too much for me, but it was the only thing we could think of. We have been to every possible meal with the boyfriend's father and I swear I put on 10lbs just from eating all of this off-campus food. Wah.

This morning we attended a very early breakfast with the boyfriend's father at a local cafe. I had a chocolate chip pancake and it was positively heaven. So light and fluffy and chocolaty. Yumm.

Later today I shall be going shopping with my mother unit! Woot! As much as I have been out of the dorm these past three days, I am excited to spend some time with my own DNA and have a good time shopping for shoes and clothes. It's a girl thing. :)

Story time!

The boyfriend decided to race me up the several flights of stairs after we got back from breakfast. So on a full belly I decided this was not the best of ideas, but went for it anyway. Needless to say he won, and I was all embarrassed and flustered. He swept me up into his arms and gave me a sweet kiss for my efforts. What a gentleman. (le sigh) <3

I shall be writing again soon! Be expecting some fun pictures to come up, fall is finally here and I want to share the beauty with you.

Much love to my readers

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment