Thursday, September 30, 2010

One crazy whackadoodle dream

My gentle readers,

Time will not speed up today. It’s as though I glance at the clock and no time has passed AT ALL. It’s teasing me, ticking by in wee tiny increments that keep me stranded at work. My eyes consistently return to the window to my far right. It’s so sunny and gorgeous outside that my body is literally screaming for me to escape this place and curl up and take a nap. Oh, if only….

On the plus side I do not have class today! My creative writing professor is attending a wedding so…basically I get off work at 1:00, have lunch with the boyfriend and then…go back to my dorm. Wow. I suppose there is some mystical force lurking about this office telling me that I must suffer before I can enjoy life. Isn’t that always the case? I fondly remember a pearl (of many pearls) of knowledge that my father always recites: “work first, then play.” Curses! The father unit was right. :)

Stories anyone?

This morning I was dreaming about my own wedding. I always love those quirky little dreams that give you a “supposed” glimpse into the future. My roomie and my two suitmates were my brides-maids, as well as my closest friend Birdy and my older sister was my maid of honor. Squee! The funny part about the dream was where we had already gotten our hair done and we were all squealing and excited and getting into our dresses and then ALL OF A SUDDEN I begin freaking out because I forgot entirely about the items “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue”. So the dream quickly changed into one of those dramatic moments where I could not possibly find anything and time was running out and the music was playing and I had to get down the aisle because my father is waiting to take my arm and the boyfriend/groom is also waiting eagerly. Wah! Did I make it down the aisle? Yes I did eventually start down the white lace road, but wouldn’t you know it….I woke up. Curses again!

The boyfriend always enjoys hearing about my odd dreams, as if I weren’t weird enough on a daily basis; I have a weird dream every night. My friends find this odd because they claim they do not dream aka. they cannot remember their dreams. Which automatically makes me awesome.

I remember almost all my dreams, especially the “extremely odd” ones. I love it when I have an extremely odd dream and then have it again a couple months later. I am actually familiar with the dream whilst I am sleeping. I know what’s going to happen but it continues on its original track due to the fact I cannot control it.

Anyone else have weird dream patterns? Share! :)

Let’s see how I spend the rest of my day, shall we? More stories to come!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment