Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Vanishing Retainer

Good afternoon my lovlies!

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping as they embark on the journey to fly south, and the entire world just seems to be whispering “fall is here” as it leaves tiny clues in nature to remind us that the seasons are still changing.
Life is like a retainer you wear a night, only to wake up and not know where it went. I managed to find it, it was on the floor. (Eww) And due to the fact I sleep on the top bunk of our bunkbed that is pretty good distance. You’d think it would have gotten lost in the comforter or something.....Never fear, the retainer is squeaky clean.

Let me tell you, yesterday was a VERY good day, but also a peculiar one. The weather went from scorching hot and sunny to dark and stormy within a matter of a half-hour. The wind was blowing SO hard it nearly lifted me and my 113 pounds off the ground! Lol. Almost snatched my umbrella from me too. Afterwards I stopped in to see the boyfriend who was sitting behind the main desk in the math office. It’s so cute to see his expression change as soon as I pop in and make an appearance. It reminds me of a meerkat. “Ally’s here!” lol. Unfortunately I can never stay long since he is working and there are other people in the office, so I went upstairs to my Life & Thought in European Literature class and sat amongst the other early birds who get there an hour early like I do.

We were supposed to discuss more about the Odyssey, but we strayed into the grammatical correctness for the usage of “its” vs. “it’s”. The professor made a very interesting point that I had never realized. He said that the only sentence that baffled him for 20 years was: “You paid for more than its/it’s worth”. That is one of the rarest moments in grammar where EITHER its/it’s would work in a sentence. It was pretty mind-blowing.

When I was walking back to my dorm, the belltower was playing “a whole new world”. But the best part was when I walked into my room and laying on my desk was a bouquet of red roses and a box of chocolates! I practically squealed with joy and cried at the same time. :D So I ran next-door and attacked the boyfriend with hugs and kisses. Later that evening we went out by the bleachers and watched the stars come out while talking about everything and nothing. That, ladies and gentlemen is true love. When your boyfriend is willing to sit on the wet ground with you in his arms and stare up at the stars.(sigh)

So it was a good day. :) just saying.

As for any stories, I imagine it would have been hilarious watching me get ready this morning. I got up and hour early to take a shower, sliced the side of my ankle open with the cursed razor, waddled around with toilet paper wrapped around said ankle, squeezed into a snazzy attire for work and then skee-daddled off down the street with wet hair. Luckily the hair is cooperating today and is laying nicely in its prim little bun and side bangs.

The rest of the day will be a fun one. You know the feeling. You can just SENSE that it’s going to be a good day. :) The boyfriend and I will be venturing to the library today to check out a few books and just have fun looking for some good reading. He had a few recommendations for me so I am excited!

Has anyone played the online game “free rice”? BEST GAME EVER! I got to level 40 out of 60 the other day, which is pretty difficult to do because the vocabulary that comes up is rather difficult. The English Major prevails yet again! Huzzah! More stories to come soon!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment