Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Make the room stop spinning!

Ugh, this time of year is getting to me like never-before. I was so good about not getting sick last year! But fall of 2010 is striking me down, and hard.
This morning I woke up at 8:15 to get ready for work, and as soon as I lifted my head from the pillow I knew something was not right. Then as I finagled my way down the bunk-bed ladder I discovered just how dizzy I was. Not good. So I wrote my boss a quick e-mail explaining the situation, clambered back up to the top bunk and fell asleep for another two hours.

The rest of the day was a great improvement. My adverseness from food has gone away and I am now eating and snacking constantly. The boyfriend is being a super-sweetheart and is keeping a close eye on me, but keeping his distance so he won't get sick again. :) Which is understandable.

Tonight is explication night. I am taking a Shakespeare course and I have to basically read an assigned passage from the play "12th night" and analyse JUST that passage and how it transforms from beginning to end, the literary tools, etc. I like to focus on the broader themes of the play because that is how I have always analyzed such things, however this is focusing on JUST this passage....errr it bugs me. However I shall get it done in no time.

Story time! Or rather, a notation.

It seems the infamous substitution of leggings for pants has returned! Dun dun dun. Now the fall weather has hit the little college town, people are desperately trying to show off all their fall fashion. Pshh. College is all about sweatpants and t-shirts and looking tired half the time, not a celebrity runway. It's such a competitive campus for looks and clothes, does a number on one's self-esteem if they aren't feeling particularly well dressed that day. So one has to learn to not care and just go with what feels comfortable. If you are comfortable in stilettos and a tight skirt, go for it, I will enjoy watching you freeze your tail off while I don my jeans and sweatshirt, thank you very much.

Okay enough snark to the preps.

Other things of interest that have happened today would be the fact I managed to scare the life out of my suite-mate. Apparently I am very good at turning invisible and not showing up on anyone's radar. So as soon as she walks by the room as I am adjusting my hair she shrieks at my presence. I'll admit it was very amusing to watch her turn pink with embarrassment, I suppose I will just have to make a very dramatic appearance the next time I see her so I don't stop her heart again. lol.

Well, time to have a nice little chat with Sir Shakespeare!

Toodles and enjoy the weather everyone! Be excited that it's almost hot apple cider time, which then transforms into hot chocolate time. :)

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment