Monday, September 20, 2010

It's COLD season!

Oh hello my gentle readers of the interwebs,

I suppose I should start my blog with something clever or witty...
Or perhaps, just a story would do.

Today on our college campus the students are wearing their branded shorts and flipflops, but all of that is soon to change once the 70 degree weather hits us. Squee! I absolutely adore fall weather, not only do you get to wear fun clothes and hats, but the world just transforms before your eyes. Before you know it the ground is blanketed in quilts of yellows, oranges, and crimsons.

I had two exams today and unfortunately my brain runs at half-speed when I catch a cold. You know the feeling. Your body has aches and pains, there's fog in your head, and your nose is so stuffed you sound like the wicked witch of the west. And your little dog too....
Fortunately I think both exams went very well, studying does pay off and will earn you good grades even when you yourself are not physically up to par with the teachers' cursed tests.

My gentleman of a boyfriend lives right across the hall from me in our dorm. We live in a "friendship community" where all my closest college friends and I got a chance to interview and live in one hallway. Conveniently he is right where I can visit him at any time should I have questions and or if I need snuggle time. It's kind of hard having the temptation to go and visit ALL the time, but I am learning to give him breathing room so that he is not constantly being snuffed out by my everlasting bubbliness and charm. ;) (ahem) But yes, today he seemed very groggy as well. We managed to get our colds at the same time--imagine that! What a crazy happenstance..... Hearing his voice three octaves lower than usual is the cutest thing in the world, however it also wants you to force feed him cough drops so he gets better. I am torn between the two emotions. lol

Everyone seems to be doing nicely adjusting to the college scene. Me being a mere sophomore working on several writing projects is keeping me plenty busy. Nevertheless this newfound desire to share my experiences with the world has led me to keep the updates casual but also take it on as a personal challenge to see that this is in fact tended to.

I am looking forward to the Renaissance Festival! I only get a chance to go once a year and unfortunately I was too sick to attend when my sweet-heart of a roommate invited me to join. So I am definitely trying to eat as much soup as possible and stay in good health so I can not only get better but also go to the Ren Fest! (does little dance)


Have any stories that sparked your interest today?
Share! :)

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment