Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I dub thee...Sir Clumsy!



This entry is in part brought to you by my natural sense of humor and my innate desire to please.

To begin, let me ask you:

You know those mornings where you wake up all groggy and wobbly due to a not-so-good night’s sleep, and suddenly the world is conspiring against you and your anatomical means of locomotion?

Suddenly your feet are your worst enemy, tripping over each other and blindly smacking into every hard surface while your thighs and hips manage to hit every sharp corner of furniture. There is no escape. Because this wobbly nonsense carries with you throughout the day.

Yeah.

It’s just one of those days….

I have a lovely collection of bruises that are blooming nicely, they are either in the purple stage or the sickly yellow stage.

I also have a trove of treasures untold, including a cavern of gadgets and gizmos a-plenty as well as whozits and whatzits galore. But that’s another story….

Ahem

You know what helps with days like this? Aside from building an entire fort of pillows and staying there until the following day.

Shopping.

It sounds terribly cliché, but when I am feeling blue and need some buttering up, I go shopping. I actually went therapy shopping the other day with the family. It was a glorious thing. Who knew that buying a new cardigan and ogling at ridiculously overpriced shoes for a couple hours would do the trick?

There’s also something magical about looking at big chunky diamond necklaces and imagining that I am Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”. It sounds ridiculous, but it totally works. As long as you feel polished and shining, the rest of the day seems that way too.
So, with a full suit of armor and a pillow tied to every limb, I shall strive to make it through the rest of today without any further surface damage.

To those of you who are going through the same bizarre thing that I am, good luck! To the rest of you…you seem to know what you are doing. Well played.

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment