Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dream a Little Dream



Do you remember all the different professions you wanted throughout the course of your life?

One minute you want to be the President of the United States, next you want to be an Astronaut, then a pop star, then a comedian, then a veterinarian, etc. etc. etc.

It's crazy how much the people in our lives can alter what we want to do in terms of careers. Today's media also plays a huge part. We are inspired by the popular idols we see in movies and online.

Heck, I myself am inspired by the people I read about in books. I love turning to the end of a novel and reading about the life of the person who write it.

Sometimes I wonder if I am on the right train, traveling to the destination which will make me happiest.

I am inspired by anything and everything I see and absorb. So when I watch videos on youtube from my favorite makeup artists, I cannot help but think if I would enjoy being a makeup artist and getting a chance to help people look their best, be as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside.

Then I remember everything I am working towards. The quiet yet amazing and adventurous life of being a writer.

At the end of the day, I love knowing that the stories I create are entirely my own. That no one else in the world has combined the same words or the same sentences as I have. It is all my own, it's unique, precious, and THAT is nothing short of magical.

Be proud of your craft, whatever it may be.

Work towards it. Seize it. Dominate it!

And remember that I love you.

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment