Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What? She's Alive?!



Yes, yes I pride myself in feeling as awesome as Wonder Woman after the first week of classes, thank you very much....

(nerd)

Well here it is folks, the beginning to a new school year. A fresh slate. Full to the brim of Northface jackets, UGG boots, fake tans, and scandalously tight clothing accompanied by high heels you shudder to walk in.

Campus is alive and well, teaming with students from all over sporting as many fashions as there are blades of grass. I am proud to admit that I am not including myself in the popular phenomenon of “what is totally hip right now”. I’m that common, everyday person you don’t think twice about. Yet I think about you. Yeah…that sounded creepy.

But just as I state in this blog’s description, I notice the tiny details and see what other’s don’t usually see, thus the flashes of inspiration. And this year, ladies and gents, will be full of flashes of inspiration, I can feel it!

Updates on this year overall, the living situation this year goes splendidly. I enjoy living with my lady friends and cooking and baking while listening to old pop music such as Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys and NSYNC.

Last night I went to the grocery store with two of my roommates and bought some gorgeously ripe strawberries that gleamed like rubies.

I couldn’t resist.

I sliced those jewels up, put them into a bowl, sprinkled some sugar, and dove right in to pure bliss. I then cooked up a batch of macaroni and cheese and completely stuffed my face. As is the way it should be! I have also fallen madly in love with hummus. Is that odd? To fall madly in love with ground up chic peas seems a tad odd….but I was introduced to a certain brand of hummus recently and it was DIVINE. So I had to pick some up along with whole wheat pita bread and baby carrot sticks for dunking. So good my friends, so good….

Ahem.

As a side-note, I am proud to announce that Castle is doing better. His belly is a little less noticeable and seems to have gone down in terms of size. Hopefully it will continue to progress so that he returns to his normal self. So let us all cross our fingers, click our heels three times, spin around, make a wish, and hope that Castle is on the road to recovery and that his new diet will serve him well.

Other than that, he is a happy and wiggly fish that never ceases to make me smile when I enter my room. The moment he sees me, he becomes the epitome of excitement. Who knew that beta fish could have such wonderful personalities and be so awesome at cheering you up?

Enough of fish tales (get it? hehe) for now, let us continue this journey which I have been putting off for far too long….

My short story blog.

Yes, yes, I know I haven’t updated in a while….it is quite sad. Well, I intend to post a new story up there tonight, so keep an eye out for that here: http://short--flashes.blogspot.com/

As for right now, that is all I have to say really. I hope you are all doing splendidly and smiling often!

Love you bunches,

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment