Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Belly of a Fish




...rather, the belly of my beta fish.

Rick Castle is my dorm fish, as you know from previous journal entries. And this morning I discovered he has grown a bit of a belly. Nothing too outrageous, but just a tad noticeable. He lives by himself, and is a HE no less, therefore he is not pregnant unless the store managers forgot to tell me something....

I have to preface this by saying that he is by far the cutest thing since sliced bread, especially when I get up in the morning and his fins flap extra quickly and he is wiggling all over the tank. So....with such a wonderful greeting to the day, I feel compelled to reward him for such behavior. I feed him just a tiny pinch of food. No biggie.

Well over the course of the summer, his tank was stationed in the kitchen. And because my family is going through some serious pet withdrawl, Castle was as close as they came to having a pet. So both my mother and my sister would feed him, and then I would feed him, unknowing of their already having fed him.

He has become a little piggy. Guess who is going on a diet pronto!

You can definitely hold me to this, because I am only feeding him ONCE a day from now on.

Castle, prepare yourself. You are about to trim down and become a slim swimming machine rather than a pudgy little fish.

For those of you who have fish, do not be sucked in by their cute little wiggling and extra speedy fin flapping and big shiny eyes! Take control and say no to the cuteness and deny them that extra pinch of food.

Hope you all are happy, healthy, wealthy, and wise!

I'll update on more college-ness in a future post. In the meantime, smile!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment