Friday, January 28, 2011

To Be Or Not To Be....?

My breakfast/lunches are really super quick on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Om nom nom nom nom nom!

So, it turns out that there IS a masquerade ball this weekend! And guess who's going? Moi! It shall be hosted at OSU (Ohio State University) which turns out to be approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes away from our campus, which isn't that bad of a drive at all. Quite a few people from our Swing Group will be going and I have taken it upon myself to collect all of their numbers just in case! I will also be following one member in particular around like a puppy so that I don't lose sight of my peeps. It's an ALL DAY event that seeps into the night (which is when the masquerade portion takes place. We will be arriving there in the afternoon to attend a few of the Blues dancing workshops. EXCITEMENT!

I am wrestling around with two rather creative ideas.... My first idea is that I could dress up as a "moonlit night", with a dark blue dress and something shiny and pretty around the eyes.




The second idea is Black Swan. Yes, Natalie Portman Black Swan, with the fabulous wing eye-makeup that looks stunning and mysterious and just gosh-darn-cool! The look would be paired with a simple black dress rather than a tutu and ballet slippers....that would just be terribly awkward to lindy hop in.




So I am debating whether or not I want to be one or the other. We shall see!

Aside from that, this weekend is looking rather dull. Not many people will be around since they will be going home and the boyfriend will be busy (not surprising). So I am REALLY looking forward to Saturday and all that it entails! I have found a passion for dancing and I want to get better at my technique. I will also take plenty of pictures and perhaps post a few here for my lovely readers to see. ;) Which reminds me I should probably charge my battery before I leave...it's rather close to dying, the poor thing.

Hope you all are having a fabulous Friday! TGIF! Have a marvelous weekend and I will keep you posted on the upcoming events!

~Love Always,
Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment