Monday, January 10, 2011

A Thousand Goodbyes and a Couple Hundred Hellos

Allow me to start off this post by telling you how strange it was to be sleeping in my dorm bed again last night. After being in my own bed, at home, on ground level--and then switching into my dorm bed aka. the top bunk, was just plain weird. However, after curling up under my lovely micro-fleece blanket I had no problem falling asleep.

I has almost forgotten how noisy dorms are. Almost. I hadn't quite forgotten. Thus I was re-acquainted with this notion last night whilst my roomie and I were settling down for the evening and getting ready to hit the sheets. I'll admit I missed dorm life, the freedom, the independence, also the friends and loved one. But it's still nothing quite like home, because home is definitely where the heart is...and last night my heart was truly aching for home.

Now that I am getting adjusted to the dorms again, today was the start of a new semester. All new classes with different professors in different locations on campus. It's interesting to see everyone come back to campus with different haircuts, different clothes, etc. You can definitely tell whose parents invested in a new wardrobe for their daughters on Christmas day, because these college gals aren't wasting their time at all, they are flaunting their NEW things like nobody's business. It's almost as if the campus side-walks have become a runway. Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum would probably not approve. Neither would Stacy and Clinton. They would frown at all the plaid that is going around, and let me tell you, plaid should not be a fashion fad. EVER.

Back to the topic of classes, they go very well. I had Women's Studies and Psychology this morning, and both seem like they are going to be fun and knowledgeable! I later have my Non-Dramatic Literature class and THAT is going to be awesome because I have had this professor before and I love their style of teaching!

I must admit, I'm a little scared/nervous for this semester. I will be going outside of my comfort zone quite a bit--what with the swing dancing competition and whatnot. Also just developing into my own person and becoming a strong and independent woman. I know I already am one, but I really need to focus on my own life and do my own things for a time...just to do some self-discovering and learn a little more about who I want to become and who I currently am becoming. T'is one of my New Years Resolutions, to figure out what the heck I want to do with my life and what I need to do to get there! (strikes dramatic pose)

So let us hope that the spiritual and individual journey I am about to embark on goes smoothly and does not involve any glitches. I just want this to be a clean and calm semester that is also full of fun and love and happiness. As would any person in the their right mind.

I hope the rest of you are finding your muses and are exploring your boundaries, getting out of your box and experiencing as many new things as possible. It takes a lot of courage and will and motivation, but it is all totally worth it in the end. So what are you waiting for?

"Adventure is out there!"



~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment