Friday, January 14, 2011

Betta Blows Bubbles

Have you ever seen anything like this in your entire life?! This is a tiny film of my betta fish named Rick Castle, and he is in the process of blowing a bubble net! EXCITEMENT!



For those of you who don't know, betta fish breathe from the surface of the water because they require more oxygen that other fish, they also blow bubbles to create a "bubble net" which is their way of saying "I am very comfortable with my surrounding" and or it is also a way of saying "I need to find a mate". So Castle is impressing his lovely lady with his bubble blowing techniques. ;) I am so proud! He is such a pleasant and cheerful fish! I couldn't have asked for a better pet...except perhaps an australian shepherd puppy, but that would never be allowed in a dorm.

Either way, here is a sneak peek into the little guilty pleasure I have perched on my desk. He never fails to make me smile when I walk back into the room. :)

Hope you are enjoying your Friday!

Will update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment