Thursday, June 23, 2011

I’m Laughing at Clouds….



I wonder if people walk in the rain anymore.

Would you grab an umbrella once it started raining? Just so you could stroll down the street, step in puddles, watch your reflection amongst a rippling surface, perhaps indulge in some singing and dancing and be like Gene Kelly?

Do they listen to the rain?

Do they try and make sense of the rhythm and patterns that those cascading droplets are making as they descend from the skies to the solid earth?

Do me a favor. Next time it rains, grab your sweetheart (if you do not have one, an invisible Mr. Darcy will do just fine) or family member or friend or cat or whatever is available and take a stroll in the rain. Wear your best pair of rain boots/duck feet and be daring. Hold their hand while the other holds up the umbrella. It’s a surreal experience and one that not many appreciate anymore.

Our little town has been plagued by dark clouds and blustery winds and MANY droplets that have accumulated into heavy downpours. Every time you look out the window you will see the sky is permanently blanketed in leaden clouds heavy and swelling with rain. The Earth absolutely loves all the attention it is getting, it has never been greener….or wetter for that matter.

It’s interesting how people complain about how dry the summers are, and then when they finally get a summer filled with rain, they complain about that. It seems there is always something to complain about. They have a serious case of needing to take their sweetheart’s hand and take a walk in the rain.

I do not have the power of little duck feet today, alas. I have some snazzy black heels to which will be my doom if it chooses to rain around 4:30 when I get off of work.

It looks like rain—no surprise there. So I may just have to take my umbrella and rainboots and take a long walk and let my thoughts be carried away by the rush of water and the soft drip drops and pitter patters.

If you listen closely, you will also hear me singing and dancing in the rain.

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment