Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Crazy Little Thing Called "Dove"....



Random fact:
I have great respect for Dove chocolate wrappers. Inside each and every one is a delicious surprise not only for the taste buds, but also for the muse.

I was eating a Dove almond dark chocolate when I curiously and carefully unfolded the foil wrapper and inside it said, “The only certainty in life is smooth chocolate.”

So true my friends….so true.

Chocolate is not only the greatest invention since sliced bread, it is also the epitome of that naughty little sliver of temptation in the back of your mind that whispers ‘you know you want more.’ Blasphemy.

With that said, I must confess… I could not resist another chocolate morsel. I indulged in (only) one more so that I could appreciate another harmless tidbit of wisdom. This one said, “Tempt your sense of exploration.”

Yes. Definitely yes.

I am a fan of Dove chocolate as well as their quirky little sayings.

Also, have you ever wondered what kind of job position that is? The person who writes such compact proverbs with the purpose to inspire and enlighten your day deserves a medal or a lifetime supply of chocolate or something, as long as it’s an epic reward.

Regardless, if this is indeed a job position, I will happily send in my resume and see if they would be interested in my several volumes of poetry and odd little lines of prose. If Martha Stewart can be invited to write Valentine’s Day lines for Dove chocolate wrappers, well then, by golly, so can us fellow writers!

It’s all a mystery.

A sweet, thick, slowly melting mystery that is just too good to be true.
Thank you Dove for all that you do. You provide us with such evil yet heavenly candies that are wrapped in silvery joy, making our days a bit brighter.

Indulge, eat chocolate!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment