Saturday, June 11, 2011

10 Facts about Piper



I’ve looked back on my entries and I realized that you know very little about ME as a person. Therefore, I shall compile a list of TEN, count them, TEN facts about me that are described in full detail. Consider this the “Never Before Seen Footage” of blog entries. So, here is your chance to get to know the person you are receiving posts from on a weekly basis.

Ready Set Go?

Let’s begin!

Fun fact number 1:
I love wearing boots. I am approximately 5”2 and therefore feel vertically challenged when walking amongst my peers, therefore, when I am feeling a tad ‘short’, I pull out my sassy boots (that go with everything!) and suddenly I feel like I have all the power and confidence in the world. ….Until someone who is 6”2 towers over me, then I just feel silly. I love all kinds of boots, especially rain boots. In my previous entry (hyperlink) I refer to them as ‘duck feet’, and they sure have saved my toes during the rainy season! Love love LOVE my little duck feet.

Fun fact number 2:
My favorite movie of all time would have to be “The Fellowship of the Ring”, the first movie in the trilogy that came out when I was still a kidlet. For some reason, it is the perfect beginning to any quest and the characters are sublime. I can never get enough of the story. And yes, before you ask, I have read the entire series. I am a huge nerd when it comes to LOTR and I am terribly proud of it. I own a pair of elf ears I purchased at the Renaissance Festival. Do I wear them in public? Only if it’s Halloween and I am dressing as a fairy. Do I wear them in private? Wouldn’t you like to know….

Fun fact number 3:
I collect coins of different currencies around the world and I also collect skeleton keys. Ever since I was a child I had a fascination with keys and wondering what each one unlocked. My imagination went crazy with days dreams of buried treasure chests, secret doors, passages that lead to other worlds, etc. I have a mad obsession with keys and where each one will take me. As for coins, that just happened out of nowhere. I just started collecting them and they have accumulated ever since.

Fun fact number 4:
I attract cats. For some ungodly reason, wherever I go, there is almost always a cat nearby that takes an interest in me. My family calls me the “cat whisperer”, because no matter how feisty or depressed, I somehow have the magic touch that makes every cat I encounter fall madly in love with me. (Note: Please don’t send me your cats, I am not an actual cat whisperer, I am merely a college student who likes cats.) Do I prefer cats instead of dogs? No, in fact, I much prefer dogs. When I was little I would have told you otherwise, by my preference has changed over the years, especially after owning a fantastic Australian Sheppard.

Fun fact number 5:
My favorite past-time food is macaroni and cheese. There is nothing quite like picking up a box of Spongebob Squarepants macaroni and cheese at the store. You feel giddy like a child and cannot wait to go home and indulge in empty calories and powdered cheese. Some people say the macaroni is better….nay! In my humble opinion, the shapes definitely taste better.

Fun fact number 6:
I ADORE curly hair. In this world, where a lot of things are synthetic and or can be mimicked, it’s always a joy to find someone who has naturally curly hair. I know that people who have ridiculously curly hair wish they didn’t, but seriously, I want in. Don’t get me wrong, I like my hair, but every once in a while I find someone with insane masses of tight ringlets and I go into this mode where I am determined to get a perm or finding a lamp that could grant me three wishes so that I could wish my hair to be like that. Or I just grab my curling iron and mousse and start playing around for an hour. Curly hair=awesome

Fun fact number 7:
I take pictures of the oddest things. You will find that I will get up close and personal with the foods that I bake as well as the nooks and crannies of nature. There is no surface that I am not willing to explore with my lens. One day I hope to have a fancy bagillion dollar camera and take high resolution photos that I can share with others. I love the feeling of using my camera as another pair of eyes, being able to see things in ways that you physically cannot. And if you can capture such beauty, then that is a true gift.

Fun fact number 8:
I love surprises! You would think everyone loves surprises, but that is not necessarily true. I have met people who get very uncomfortable from surprises because they were not able to anticipate or plan around said surprise. That's just silly. If someone arrives on your front porch with a bottle of sparkling apple cider and raspberry chocolate cake, there is nothing wrong with that picture. I also love surprising people. I love writing little notes and tucking them away in places that the person will look so that they receive a small 'hello' or something that brings a smile to their face. Happiness is something you should receive on a daily basis, and if I can do anything that can make that happen, I certainly shall!

Fun fact number 9:
My favorite color is green. But not just any green. When winter has finally diminished from the world and mother nature yawns and stretches and wakes from her long slumber, unfurling her lovely array of plants and flowers. My favorite color is that of newly born, budding, fresh spring green.

Fun fact number 10:
Last but certainly not least! My favorite thing to drink is tea. Specifically green tea or chai tea. I love the feeling of making tea in the morning and letting my hands linger upon the warm exterior of the mug. It has the same effect as hot chocolate, but is so much better for you, especially during the non-Christmas seasons. I am actually going to experiment with different iced teas this summer and see which ones I prefer, so keep an eye out to see how that goes!

There you go, ten quirky facts about your Piper. Hopefully you were able to get a better sense of this blogger and feel more of a connection. I love hearing random facts about friends or new acquaintances. Instead of getting a sense of what their general likes and dislikes are, you get more of a sense of their personality as well as the type of person they are. Everyone is unique and I love exploring that about all those I meet.

In return, I would love to hear random facts about you! Tell me your story.

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment