Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas is on its way, but that's no reason to forget about Turkey Day!

To my turkey (and perhaps non-turkey) readers,

Don’t deny it, you have seen those Christmas decorations in stores, they have probably been there for about three months now. Why does Christmas start so early? It’s only one day, yet everyone makes such a fuss worrying about what gifts to buy and who’s coming for Christmas dinner. Don’t get me wrong, I am a HUGE Christmas fan, I love seeing those decorations and doing shopping for people, but come on. Really? Don't skip over Thanksgiving, it's a holiday too!

Yeesh.

Anyway! My Shakespeare paper is signed sealed and delivered. I had absolutely nothing to do last night and it was glorious, so I meandered over to the boyfriend’s room and watched a hilarious movie with him, and then watched several of our roommates play video games. Rest assured it was a refreshingly nerdy time. Huzzah!

As I sit here I am constantly thinking about the things I have to pack for my week of vacation. There are some things that still need to be stuffed into the laundry basket; I also need to pack up other personal belongings that I don’t want to leave behind in my dorm room (scratches chin in a pensive manner).

I also need to create a Christmas list. There is so little that I want this year… I’m not one to spend oodles of money especially if I don’t need it. I also have this thing where I hate other people spending oodles of money on me, because that makes me feel bad for some reason, however I am also flattered. What girl wouldn’t be? Honestly. So yeah….definitely need to look into things I want this holiday season. Ohmegoodness only a few more weeks until CHRISTMAS!!! Christmas is hands down my favorite holiday. There is just something about the decorations, the lights, the smells, the snow atmosphere…there’s definitely an element of magic about it. Every year we listen to Amy Grant’s Christmas music as well as other classics, I personally enjoy Josh Groban’s Christmas CD. We decorate the tree and hide little stuffed elves all over the house, and we also bake. We bake until the oven is literally exhausted from all the sweets we put in it, as well as our neighbors whom we share our goodies with. (sigh) I cannot wait.

In the mean time I will enjoy my tryptophan and pie!

P.S. Let us hope your cat does not do this on Thanksgiving day.



Have a marvelous Turkey day everyone! Give thanks to all the loved ones in your life and the wonderful years still to come. :)

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment