Sunday, November 20, 2011

Growth Spurts



As you get older it's strange that you become "okay" to things you absolutely hated as a child.

Like naps for instance. I know that when I was knee-high to a grasshopper the thought of a nap was like the worst form of physical torture. I never wanted to stop in my daily adventures or put anything on pause, so when it was announced that it was time for me to take a nap, it suddenly became a game of "hide and seek" between me an my parents. Now I see naps as glorious little "me time"s, where I can just relax, forget about any responsibilities I have, and succumb to a pleasant state of not caring about anything for 15 minutes.... Or maybe an hour. Two if you're really pushing it.

Veggies were refused at the table, I'm not going to lie. They were the furthest thing from delicious and were not deemed as acceptable in my book, or any child's book for that matter. I loathed asparagus, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and spinach. Now I find that they are very flavorful and add that extra "oomph" to a dish. Though, I still hate asparagus....

Weird.

I mean come on, it looks suspicious, like it's up to no good.

Mozart and Beethoven were not my BFF's when I was a little sprite, despite my playing the violin for 10+ years. I always fell asleep at concerts and found it to be "too" soothing, to the point I found it boring. Then I gained an appreciation for it when I listened to Vanessa Mae and how she transformed classical to modern and full of life and energy and pizzaz. I also began listening to Josh Groban and Andrea Bocceli as well as Chris Botti and I dare say...they WILL change your life. I don't care who you are, you will melt from overexposure to pure awesomeness.

So tell me guys, before your black friday deals begin and everyone gives thanks to a good year, what has changed from your childhood to your now?

Almost there! Keep smiling! Over-indulgence is on it's way! Promise!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment