Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crazy Random Happenstance



So guys, got a question for you.

Have you ever been walking down the street or sitting in a coffee shop or shopping at the grocery store--basically doing any everyday task--where you encounter your look-alike? I have never run into anyone else who looks like me per se, but I have run into several people who look like people I know. It’s crazy. As a matter of fact, this morning I’m walking across campus after getting off the bus, and the first thing I see are several students who look amazingly like very close friends of mine who attend school several hours away from here. I was horribly confused as well as momentarily shocked. It was one of those times where you wonder if you should call out their names to see if they will turn around. But you know that if you do you will be THAT PERSON who is awkwardly calling out a random name that no one is going to respond to, or that someone will respond to, it just won’t be who you thought it was.

Weird.

Anyway, that is pretty much a typical morning for me. Until I have finished my coffee/chai tea, my brain is not up to par with anything above singing a Disney song. After my caffeine fix, I can give you an in-depth close reading and analysis of “War and Peace” and recite the prologue of the “Canterbury Tales” in middle-english.

So ha.

I am definitely awake now, and I can tell you that today is going to put my mad skills to the test. There is an 80% chance of rain and I looked high and low for my umbrella today, but to no avail. Thus, I am going to have to make like a very fast person and sprint to my last class of the day should it start to downpour after work. Cross your fingers!

I offer you this challenge in the meantime: Take a look around you today and see how many look-alikes you can find. Whether they look like friends or family members or even celebrities. (We have a guy here on campus who looks exactly like Robert Pattinson, his secret codename is “The Edward Cullen guy!”)

It’s fun, amusing, and might provide you with a chuckle or two. Just don’t shout out their names, you will feel quite silly. I promise you.

Bottle up that sunshine in your heart and be sure and laugh today. Laughter is the best medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment