Monday, March 14, 2011

Like Ducks Do….

My gentle readers,

Mother Nature is having her way with us in this little town…a quiet village…where every day is like the day before….

For two rainy days this week it shall rain, then we shall be rewarded with a gorgeous sunny and warm day towards the end of the week. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is excited to see that spring is finally creeping its way into our daily lives.

Also, fun fact, I am proud to say that I have finally gotten a pair of rain boots, which will give me the upper hand when it comes to puddles and flooded sidewalks on campus. It’s almost like having little duck feet, so much power to be had by these clever aquatic birds! For the longest time I would get caught in the rain wearing the wrong shoes. Now that I am being more attentive towards the weather, I shall be able to save my feet from some serious cold and wet. And hopefully save my good leather shoes from being soaked for the umpteenth time.

Moral of the story, buy rain boots, as crazy and odd as it sounds these next couple months are infamous for being rainy, if you buy rain boots you too shall be bestowed the power of little duck feet.
Anyway, moving on.

Spring break has come and gone. Lots of fun to be had at home with friends and family, and also relaxing to the point my brain turned to tapioca, but it was definitely worth it. School only lasts for 6-7 more weeks, so this is the last mad dash to the finish line before summer arrives.

It’s actually exciting to be back on campus again. I’m one of those people who enjoys relaxing and not doing anything for about a week, but eventually I absolute have to get my hands on something else I become twitchy and run around the house like mad. So being back on campus and getting into the swing of things is most excellent, and there are several things I was looking forward to…for example:

1. The crazy fashions that all the college girls are deciding to try out now that the weather is in a crazy roller coaster. They can resemble Lady Gaga at times and it’s quite amusing. The majority of what I am seeing is black Northface jackets….A LOT of black Northface jackets.

2. The squeaky clean guys. Their mothers have done a good job of sending them off to the local barber and have made sure that they are trimmed and shaved. Gotta love parental authority and the determination of making their sons not look like they’ve slept in a cave for 5 years.

3. The eager anticipation for sunlight. Sitting in a classroom becomes hilarious, because I get to witness all the people who are practically writhing and wiggling in their seats because the sun is shining and THEY ARE NOT OUTSIDE TO SOAK IT UP! Sure enough, as soon as class lets out, the sun hides behind a veil of clouds and a slur of curse words escape their mouths. Oh the irony.

Things are proceeding rather slowly here in our little college town, but I am definitely looking forward to the weekend, you guessed it, MORE swing dancing! My feet have been getting impatient and desperate. Tomorrow’s regular lesson and the dance this weekend ought to keep me at bay for a while dance-wise. Hurrah!

More fun stories to come, in the meantime keep an eye on that horizon and wait for the sun to come out. It’s there, I promise! It’s just taking it’s good sweet-natured time.

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment