Saturday, December 18, 2010

Plans Plans Plans

We're here!

The boyfriend and I have arrived at his home. Things are a bit casual and laid-back for now, but tomorrow I am being whisked away to make batches beyond batches of cookies with the boyfriend's sister in law whom I adore! It won't be the same as home...just because this is my first Christmas away from the family units. However, it is only a week and then we shall be returning to the ever-faithful hometown to which I am so familiar.

This shall be a good week. We are going to go and see the zoo lights tomorrow night, which will be magical since I have never seen the zoo lights. Excitement! Tomorrow is also when we are celebrating Christmas early, so I have to brace myself for present-opening and gift giving! Double excitement! It definitely will feel weird getting presents on a day that is clearly not the 25th.... But who am I to complain? Early presents are triple excitement!

That is all I can think of for excitement around here, the boyfriend and I are just taking it easy and thinking of things to keep us occupied. We went grocery shopping today with his mother and....I have never seen a cart so full of groceries! We were literally told to take things we wanted from the shelves so that we could eat whatever we wanted this week. Needless to say we had too much fun.

Let it be known, plastic Christmas trees are nowhere near as wonderful as real trees. They may serve the same purpose, but there is definitely a distinct difference. So choose your trees wisely!

Tip: If you want to 'go green' this year with your Christmas tree, make sure the garbage people who come to pick them up are deposing of the properly by turning the trees into fertilizer.

Will stay in touch!

~Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment